G. Friedman FLOORING
Installing new flooring is often one of the final steps of a remodel or room addition. Sometimes we need to install new flooring after a major plumbing leak as well. Or, you may just want to update the look of your home. New flooring is a great way top do just that. There are many flooring options that we can install to add beauty and improve the functionality of your home. But, with so many flooring options out there, where do you begin? Here is an overview of several types of flooring that we can install for you. Keeping in mind the look you are trying to achieve, the amount of traffic and/or moisture in the area where the floor is going to be installed, we can help you make the right choice.
- Carpeting is quick to install and adds beauty and warmth to your living room, family room, office, den, or bedroom. Carpeting comes in a vast array of colors, textures and patterns. We can help you choose the right one for your home and our carpeting experts can install it in a day.
- Hardwood such as oak, cherry, and walnut, (to name a few) continues to be a very popular choice. Hardwood floors come in many different styles including plank, parquet, and pre-finished boards.
- Laminate. These floors are easier to install than hardwood and much less expensive. Laminate is made of wood-based materials that are layered, laminated and topped with a wood grain photographic imprint on each board.
- Engineered wood floors are a type of laminate but instead of the photographic imprint have a real hardwood veneer attached to the plywood layers. These floors are slightly more expensive than laminate, but the look is more natural.
- Bamboo. These are a very eco-friendly choice. Bamboo is not a tree: it is a lightweight woody grass. It is very strong and highly durable. Bamboo has the tensile strength of steel and resists swelling and contraction from humidity that often plagues hardwood floors. It is grown in controlled forests and takes only 3 to 5 years to reach maturity; as opposed to the 120 years it takes for old growth hardwoods to grow to full size. Using bamboo does not deplete forests. Bamboo floors come in a wide variety of colors and finishes and they are pre-finished with tongue-and-groove joints just like standard wood flooring.
- Cork. This is another eco-friendly choice that provides a cushiony feel underfoot, bounces back when dented, and absorbs vibration and sound. Cork provides a nonslip surface that is great for wet areas such as the kitchen and bath. Cork comes in pre-finished tiles in a variety of finishes.
- Tile such as porcelain, terra cotta, and natural stone such as granite, marble, travertine, and slate are an elegant choice for your floors and are especially great for moisture-prone areas such as the kitchen or bath. Of these, porcelain is the most cost-effective choice. Porcelain has the beauty of natural stone but is easier to maintain and costs much less. Porcelain is durable enough to handle heavy traffic and comes in a wide variety of colors, textures, and finishes. We can combine different sizes and colors of porcelain tiles to create unique patterns.
- Concrete is one of the hottest trends in flooring lately. There is a huge range of specialty stains and sealers available. Plain concrete can be stamped and stained to look like virtually anything you like, from polished marble to brick pavers and stone.
- Vinyl is a great choice for rooms that are prone to moisture problems such as kitchens, bathrooms, and utility rooms. Vinyl floors are easy to clean and feel soft underfoot. Vinyl floors come in sheets and self-stick tiles. The thicker the vinyl is, the more traffic it can handle.
- Linoleum may be the most eco-friendly flooring choice of all. It is made from all natural materials and does not deplete forests. It’s made from wood flour, linseed oil and rosins. Linoleum has bactericidal properties that stop bacteria from multiplying, which is why you often see it used in hospitals. It is antistatic, reduces the risk of electric shock, water resistant, and ding and scratch resistant. It is also easy to clean and comes in a wide range of colors, which we can combine to create unique patterns.
So, whether you are doing a remodel, room addition, need a new floor because of damage from a plumbing leak or other accident, or you simply want to update the look of your home, call us for your flooring needs. We will help you choose the right floor to complete your project and our flooring experts will install them to your satisfaction, guaranteed.